Tuesday 28 June 2016

June, a Month of Months


The rainy season is in full swing and with all that rain and humidity I find myself spending more time at home, happily painting.

I've decided to start a personal project, an illustrated calendar full of things that make my life in Hiroshima a happy one. For this calendar, each month will have a dedicated illustration of a unique object that surrounds me in my everyday life. It's going to take me a while to decide on the project name, but currently the working title is either Hiroshima Life or That Hiroshima Flavor. Below are the illustrations for January and June so far.


The month of June will be dedicated to the intense rainy season, so I've painted water droplets on paper.
The month of January belongs to the quirkiest Japanese object, the daruma doll. These dolls are the ultimate way to reach your goals creatively. It's perfect for goal orientated folks and just looks great on your desk.


I also found it important to paint the following illustrations but I have yet to decide what to do with them.


Edamame is my favorite health snack, its so delicious and healthy even it's colour is just the loveliest green.



 

Oh, and you can never go wrong with chocolate ice cream. ^___^

No comments:

Post a Comment