Thursday 28 July 2016

July, a Month of Goodbyes


For the month of July I've said goodbye to many things, like:
  • My students, until schools starts up again in September  o(^_-)O
    This is the ideal time for me to start my #30DaysofWatercolour challenge in August.
  • Friends who are leaving Japan   。・゜・(ノД`)・゜・。
    This is a tough one, not fun at all!
  • My long hair  (^ー^)ノ
    I've gone for a short and sweet summer style.
  • Student loans \(^ν^)/
    Not gonna miss this, not one bit!
Below are the paintings that I've completed this month.
 
This watercolour illustration of two koi fish swimming is my first commission for a friend.
I've kept the illustration simple and let the colours do the work.


 
Delicious grilled salted salmon. In Japan it's called sake (spelt the same ways as the alcohol but is pronounced shake) very confusing for me to understand at first.;P Grilled salmon is something my husband and I love to make ever since moving to Japan. Note: This will be in the calendar project.
  
This sunny side up egg was a fun illustration which I painted over a long weekend. All chilled and relaxed.

No comments:

Post a Comment